Disorderly Conduct

I got arrested in Philadelphia County for disorderly conduct. I have never been in trouble before. What will happen to me?

You may be eligible for Community Court. Depending on the facts of your case, the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office may allow you to enter a plea of No Contest where you will be assigned community service. You will then receive a new court date. If you complete the proscribed community service, the judge will discharge your case. If you do not complete the community service the judge has the power to find you guilty. If your subpoena states that your courtroom is ‘1401 Arch Street’ you are already slated for Community Court. You should also understand that you have the opportunity to enter a plea of not guilty and have a trial.

18 Comments on Disorderly Conduct

  1. I stopped someone from committing suicide, somebody called the police, they thought I was trying to hurt the person,the first officers were nice and I was complementing them when, a crazy police on a bike came up to my face pushed me told me to back off after accusing me of trying to tell the officer how to do his job, I was dragged on the ground in handcuffs and now they slapped me with a disorderly conduct charge, I am going on trial in october, how do I get a copy of the police report and can this be resolved out of court I live in florida it will cost me hundreds of dollars to appear, is there a chance for real justice, and what is the worst case scenario

  2. Brian J. Zeiger, Esquire // at 9:18 pm // Reply

    In response to your comment. I would first ask if your case has been listed in community court? Your subpoena would say “1401 arch street.” Could you tell me if it is listed at community court? Thank you.

  3. yes it is 1401 arch street and the case number is C78

  4. Brian J. Zeiger, Esquire // at 9:37 pm // Reply

    Basically, in community court, if you agree to it, we can usually get the case thrown out eventually. We have had situations in the past where people were from out of town and we were able to get the da’s office to agree to waive their presence. Because you are from out of town, it might take us a little more work then normal if you are not willing to fly in to deal with the case. Let me know if you need any help.

  5. what is the DA’s address, and phone number

  6. Anonymous // at 6:24 pm // Reply

    hey Mr Zeiger, this thing has me nervous, and that is so wrong, my life is too consumed by this whole ordeal which was the creation of some bad and missbehaved police men, none of whom were anything you can call officers, I am a poor man, I cannot aford a lawyer, I am not too sure if I will be able to get there on October 2nd, (should I start walking from florida, what is the worst thing that can happen if I reach court, and who do I write to get the matter dropped, this is cruel and unsual punish ment for me, after helping somebody and having a decent conversation with a very nice police officer , my conversation was rudely interupted by a very missinformed individual that looked like a police man but acted more like a gangster, and now my fate is dangling in the mind of a judge and district office who may not consider me innocent untill proven guilty, who may prefer to hurt me further rather than give me the benifit of the doubt in order to protect my innocence, it happens all over, the only person suffering is me, and I do not want to go through more pain and suffering, my hands still hurt one month after being handcuffed by a bunch of crazy people

  7. Anonymous // at 11:28 pm // Reply

    what is the best way to do a hunger strike, I am getting depressed with this whole injustice thing, you stopped talking to me thanks

  8. Brian J. Zeiger, Esquire // at 12:32 am // Reply

    Ustee, this is not worth a hunger strike one bit. A hunger strike is too good for the Philadelphia police; don’t waste a good hunger strike on this cop.

    As far as your last post goes, I never read it, I was out of town and it must have slipped through the cracks. Sorry about not responding.

    Unfortunately, if you have a subpoena, you are supposed to appear in court unless you have a lawyer or you contact the District Attorney’s office. The only ADA who i know that has the power to help you that may actually help you is Charles Ehrlich, but don’t say anything incriminating to him as he WILL use it against you in court. Again, my advice to you is to appear in court or hire a lawyer or both.

    Sorry for the late response.

  9. Anonymous // at 12:46 am // Reply

    can they send me to jail,I am not Jesus,I have no idea what they are acusing me of, since I was simply talking to another police man actually complementing him for his good conduct, it is so unfair,I would rather deal with a criminal on the street I might have a better chance,I tried to help somebody in trouble now I am in trouble, should I have lied and say I was guilty of (what I do not even know) is it wrong to complement a police man,all this arrogance,is the greatest justice system in the world asleep, whilst a bunch of immature, childsh, people play serious games with people’s lives,I am losing sleep on this and my wrists still irrate where the police buried their handcuffs,my name does not belong in no criminal database I am a proffesional it will ruin my life and my carrer which is my life

  10. Brian J. Zeiger, Esquire // at 2:07 am // Reply


    A bully is defined as, “a blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people.” Like a cow who tyrannizes the weak animal, who is pimped out by the farmer to take over all grazing duties. Orwell was right.

    I hear these stories every day. I believe that there is always a chance for real justice, but if you don’t appear in court or don’t hire a lawyer to represent you, justice will be denied.

  11. Anonymous // at 6:37 pm // Reply

    bullies with badges are more dangerous than the worst criminals, out there as a matter of fact Officer Perez is a very little man in size and much smaller in behavior, his budies were basketball size people (with no brains)I am a big man with an even bigger heart,will they all gang up on me in court and have the judge further punish me, I am already making my way to philly, I am headed to New York first and then I might have to sleep on the trains and rough it out till court,I might loose all my belongings that I have put up in storage these are rough times for me,I am a musician and I am now getting work in Florida After my court date, I cannot even pay for accomadation far less a lawyer, do you have any recomendations of lawyers who will work with me, in my predicament help me please, if you see someone with a sign saying looking for Justice that might be me

  12. Brian J. Zeiger, Esquire // at 6:41 pm // Reply

    email me at and i will email you the name and phone for the lawyer i have in mind for you.

  13. Anonymous // at 3:32 pm // Reply

    hello brian did you get my E-mail, this is ustee

  14. Anonymous // at 11:33 pm // Reply

    my son was charged with disorderly conduct due to using foul language to a police officer. He has prior charges of drugs but this is the first offense of disorderly. What will take place? He’s been sent to community court.

  15. Brian J. Zeiger, Esquire // at 11:42 pm // Reply

    You can say whatever the f@ck you want to the police. I have several of these f@cking cases right now. As long as you don’t threaten the police, you can’t be f@cking charged. Your son should be found not guilty.

    Also, community court is a wonderful f@cking program. If he chooses to accept community court as opposed to fighting the case, and he completes the program, he will not be convicted. Seriously, it is a great program.

    (Sorry for the illustrative language).

  16. Anonymous // at 6:59 am // Reply

    ustee again well I faxed the judge and the lawyer from the DA office and still had to go to Philly it cost me hundreds of dollars just to spend 25 seconds in front of a judge to hear “case dismissed” and “the commonwealth is not ready” how do I get back my money, I was so devasted having to leave Florda I forgot it was cold in philly and did not even have a sweater and had to buy some to stay warm, how can I get back my money

  17. Anonymous // at 1:52 am // Reply

    there are two many haters an disrespectful young people in philadelphia.. how do you ignore when u already ignore by minding ur business an now u up against the wall.. Life is like sport.. u have to play an defend ur self from others.. this young ppl are crazy .. pushing u cursing spittin in ur face.. an nobody does nothing but the minute a person fights back .. now u blame for the disorderly conduct. some of ya like all this crazy nut running set ppl up for a record they dont deserve.. now this kids hangs out mcdonalds an other places all night starting problems with me an older ppl//

  18. Brian J. Zeiger, Esquire // at 2:02 am // Reply

    @two_many_haters. Disorderly conduct is a crime that comes up on a crime record check. When a crime comes up on a check, it prevents people from getting jobs, etc. Therefore, if you do something that is constitutionally protected (like speech) and you get convicted for the conduct, that conviction is not ok.

    In your example, you artfully describe a person who acts like an asshole in public. Note, this is NOT illegal. You can act like an asshole all you want in the United States, which is why our country is the best country in the world. Acting like an asshole extends to the way you treat police so long as you don't threaten the police. You can laugh at police, tell them to fuck themselves, ask them if they are proud of themselves, ask if they made their quota, etc., NOT ILLEGAL—NOT DISORDERLY. Obviously, if you do any of these things, you are an asshole, but not a criminal.

    I don't get the McDonald's part of your comment.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.